Rome Open Tour is the best way to explore the city at your leisure by hopping on and off as you please and see Rome in your own time.
The Open Bus Hop-On Hop Off Tour in Rome is the best way to explore the city at your own leisure by hopping on and off as you please and see Rome in your own time.
This is the new initiative in the Roman tourist market, a tour that offers you the opportunity to move in and around Rome from a fresh perspective and by making use of a very high-level tourist service that is operated with new buses equipped with personalized audio systems able to function in 8 different languages at the same time.
Tickets are valid for use for 1 or 2 consecutive days use. The buses make many stops in the most beautiful, cultural and evocative locations in the Eternal city.
Our service is supplied by the only private company in Rome offering you the chance to use this hop on hop off tour as an alternative to the public transportation.
Until further notice, buses will have a frequency of 60 minutes at each stop (10-15 minutes stop at Termini Central Station). Service is from 09:00 to 18:00, last loop at 17:00 from Termini.
Every 60 minutes from 09:00 to 18:00
View timetable and stop list
View route map
Reduced Service: 2013 Christmas and New Year Schedule
- December 24 (Christmas Eve): service starts regularly, service ends at 18:00
- December 25 (Christmas Day): service starts at 11:00, service ends regularly
- December 26 (National Holiday): service starts at 11:00, service ends regularly
- December 31 (New Year's Eve): service starts regularly, service ends at 17:00
- January 01 (National Holiday): service starts at 12:00, service ends regularly
- 24-hour or 48-hour ticket validity from first use
- Recorded commentary on board with disposable earphones
- Hop on hop off double decker bus tour
- Assistance on board all buses
- Map with the main museums and landmarks near the Rome Open Tour stops
- Coupon booklet for reduced ticket prices to museums (including Museo Capitolini) and discounts to shops, restaurants, pubs and many other attractions
- Meals and drinks
- Admission to attractions
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
Reduced tickets in the following museums:
- Museo Capitolini
- Centrale Montemartini
- Mercati di Traiano - Museo dei Fori Imperiali
- Museo dell Ara Pacis
- Museo della Civilta Romana
- Museo delle Mura
- Museo di Roma
- Museo Napoleonico
- MACRO TESTACCIO
- Museo di Scultura Antica Giovanni Barracco
- Museo Carlo Bilotti
- Museo Pietro Canonica
- Museo di Roma in Trastevere
- Museo di Villa Torlonia
- Museo Civico di Zoologia
- Villa di Massenzio
Discounts from the following establishments:
- Hard Rock Cafe
- Trinity College Pub and Sports Bar
- Burger King
- Restaurant White Elephant
- Tempio di Bacco
- Ristorante Vecchia Locanda
- Equilibrio Spa
- Marcella Royal Hotel
- Lucky Red Pub and Restaurant
- Ambasciata d' Abruzzo
- Punto Ristoro
- Shamrock Irish Pub
- Panta Rei Cafe
- Rome Shuttle Service
- Ticket validity starts from the first boarding.
- Coupon booklet will be released upon redemption of your voucher. Save up to 60% on museum entrances and other attractions.
- Buses are wheelchair accessible on the lower deck, the easiest being the Termini or Ludovisi stops.
- Children below 6 years old are free of charge.
- The tour operates at a restricted itinerary on Saturday evenings, Sundays, and holidays.
- Bus frequency, routes, and schedules are subject to change without notice due to unplanned traffic restrictions, roadwork, public demonstrations, and/or events. Stops affected frequently include COLOSSEO or CIRCO MASSIMO. All attractions continue to open.
- The tour does not operate during Rome's Marathon (dates vary each year).
- Frequencies and loop durations are subject to local traffic conditions.
- The stop in Piazza Venezia is at Via del Teatro Marcello (opposite the Teatro Della Cometa).
- Night frequencies during the summer are subject to changes (with minimum of 45 minutes and a maximum of 60 at each stop). Clients are required to verify on the spot with the staff on board.